Termites are a serious problem in Arizona, they can cause a lot of damage to the environment if they are close to. This insect is not only a danger to your furniture, books and clothes, they can also affect your most precious trees and plants, even your health!
Appropriate Phoenix termite control is recommended for a healthy life. In addition, it will prevent many unnecessary expenses like the new desk you just bought because termites made your last desk unusable.
It is easy, they feed off the cellulose of wood, so if your house has anything made out of this material, they will go for it and chew it. They will start with paper, books and more. If this is not taken care of in a fast manner, some parts of your house can collapse if termites manage to damage your house’s support beams.
Termite damage can hurt and even kill your citrus trees, though unlike other pests, termites do not seek out citrus trees as host plants.
For termite control, it is good to create a chemical barrier around your grove or apply it to soil to rid your grove of a problem. Since different regions vary in their chemical needs and because termiticides could be dangerous, contact a licensed Arizona pest control professional for termiticide application as Varsity Termite and Pest Control. Effective chemicals include, but are not limited to, those with the active ingredient bifenthrin or permethrin.
Our specialists also recommend:
1. Regularly check the status of your trees
2. Get insecticidal soap for your trees
3. Check thoroughly how and when to apply the insecticide you are purchasing
4. Know everything about the citrus fruit tree you are cultivating
5. Always identify the type of pest you are dealing with
Well, when termites bite, chew or crawl through wood, the mold is dispersed. It can travel through the air, and easily be inhaled by anyone passing through. It can also land on your skin. Some species of mold are more dangerous than others, and could cause serious illnesses, the most known being:
Allergies and Asthma: determining whether respiratory symptoms are related to mold exposure involves a process of elimination. There are three groups of patients to be assessed for mold exposure: those whose present symptoms often associated with wet spaces and mold; those whose symptoms occurred at the time of a presumed exposure to mold or damp spaces; and patients concerned about exposures to mold even though they have no symptoms.
The hypersensitivity pneumonitis also has been associated with bird droppings in pigeon breeders and exposure to molds in homes and hot tubs.
Infection: Spending time in damp and moldy buildings could make to increase the risk of bronchitis and respiratory infections like the Fungal Lung.
Signs and symptoms of an illness caused by mold allergy can include: Sneezing, runny or stuffy nose, cough and postnasal drip, itchy eyes, nose and throat.
If mold seems to be causing adverse health effects, removal from the damp place is a necessary part of prevention and treatment. And to avoid this, a regular termite inspection is necessary.
1. Use only treated lumber: This goes for anything that uses wood, such as railings, walkways, walls and more, but it is especially important for any wood that has direct contact with the ground.
2. Remove wood and organic matter from around your home: You must remove all brush that is around your home and mulch from flower beds. Replace them with non-organic mulch, rocks or another gardening material.
3. Eliminate standing water: Standing water will attract termites and all kinds of other pests, so make sure there is no standing water around your home.
4. Ensure proper ventilation: If your home is not properly ventilated, moisture can become trapped in the attic, crawlspace, or other enclosed areas. Not only can moisture in the air cause mold and mildew to form, but it can also encourage a termite infestation.
5. When you do a termite inspection, do not forget the foundation: Termites like to come to your home through cracks in the foundation. Even the /smallest cracks can let termites in your home, so don’t leave any cracks untended. Use a high-quality sealant that will resist moisture and temperature changes for long-term protection.
Varsity Termite and Pest Control can help you develop a plan for Phoenix termite treatment for your Arizona home based on the unique characteristics of your property. If you already have termites, we offer options for effective termite treatment to stop the damage to your home. If you suspect you might have a problem, we offer a free termite inspection in Arizona.
West Valley Location:
East Valley Location: